5 top do's and don't for cleaning your makeup brushes

Cleaning our makeup brushes can be a task we tend to forget about. So I am going to give you my top 5 do's and don'ts when it comes to getting the job done.

1. Invest in a makeup cleaner pad, not only does it give your makeup brushes a deeper clean because of the grooves, but also it makes it a far quicker job.

2. Don't use boiling hot water, it can soak into the bristles and loosen the glue, resulting in the brush falling apart.

3. Use a face wash or baby shampoo as to wash them in. I've heard some people use washing up liquid, but as I have a sensitive face this is something I would never recommend because if any of the liquid is left on the brush it can cause your face to breakout.

4. As your brushes will need a while to dry, use the excuse to embrace a makeup free day, give yourself a facial or face mask.

5. Use a cup or pen holder to dry your brushes upright if you usually store your brushes in a draw.




No comments